Gemstone Materials STARTER for V-Ray and 3DS Max
UPDATE 2020-Mar-23: .vrmat (V-Ray for Rhino) materials were added to the product.
The material library of the transparent and semi-transparent gemstones. The library was made with V-Ray 2.40 for 3ds Max 2011 and V-Ray 2.0 for Rhino3D SR5.
We provided physically correct values of Fresnel IOR and Dispersion/Abbe properties. We examined hundreds of real gemstones studio photos and reproduced accurately the existing color variations of gems. We made a lot of test renders to tune each gemstone material to real-life look.The library features:
- 26 unique minerals with real-world color variations (32 gemstone materials in total)
- Physically accurate optical properties
- Thoroughly reproduced transparency and color tones of real minerals
- Unique and meaningful names of the materials
- Three deliver forms: one united library (3ds Max), 32 individual libraries (3ds Max, Rhino3D), 32 individual scenes with ‘shaderball’ (3ds Max)
- Compliance with real world scale (system units – centimeters)
- Compatibility with 3DS Max 2011+, Rhino3D SR5 and V-Ray 2.00+
- Materials are completely ready for visualization
- Previews were rendered in 3DS Max with V-Ray renderer
- 17-page Catalogue of entire library with 600×600pix quality renders and hyperlinks for fast search
- User Guide with detailed explanations on using of the library and tuning of gemstone materials to specific needs
Gemstone materials included: Alexandrite, Amber, Amethyst, Apatite, Aquamarine, Chrysoberyl, Citrine, Diamond Clear, Diamond Pink, Diaspore, Emerald, Feldspar Amazonite, Fluorite Blue, Garnet Almandine, Garnet Andradite, Garnet Spessartine, Heliodor, Iolite, Kunzite, Morganite, Peridot, Pezzottaite, Ruby, Sapphire Blue, Sapphire Padparadscha, Spinel Red, Sunstone Gold, Topaz Blue, Topaz Yellow, Tourmaline Indicolite, Tourmaline Rubellite, Zircon Blue
File formats: .mat (Autodesk 3ds Max 2011, V-Ray materials) .max (Autodesk 3ds Max 2011, V-Ray materials) .vrmat (Rhino 3D, V-Ray materials) .png (Preview images) .pdf (User Guide, Catalogue)
Materials: YES, procedural UVW mapping: Not applicable Textures: NONotes:
- Diamond geometry and studio lighting setup are not included
- The licensing conditions permit the per-seat usage only
- To give an idea of how gemstone materials will look in the final image of jewelry models, moderate contrast and saturation were applied to all preview and catalogue renders.