The material library of the transparent and semi-transparent minerals used in jewelry design for creating gemstones. The library was made with 3ds Max 2011 and V-Ray 2.40.
We provided physically correct values of Fresnel IOR and Dispersion/Abbe properties. We made a great job to reproduce the majority of existing color variations as close to real-life look as possible. We examined hundreds of real gemstones studio photographs to accurately reproduce color tones of gems. We made hundreds of test renders to tune each gemstone material to real-life look.
The library features:
- 138 high-quality materials of gemstones
- 67 unique minerals with a number of real-world color variations
- Physically accurate optical properties
- Thoroughly reproduced transparency and color tones of real minerals
- Unique and meaningful names of the materials
- Three deliver forms: one united library, 138 individual libraries, 138 individual scenes with ‘shaderball’
- Compliance with real world scale (system units – centimeters)
- Compatibility with 3DS Max 2011+ and V-Ray 2.40+
- Materials are completely ready for visualization
- Previews were rendered in 3DS Max with V-Ray renderer
- 73-page Catalogue of entire library with 600×600pix quality renders and hyperlinks for fast search
- User Guide with detailed explanations on using of the library and tuning of gemstone materials to specific needs
Materials: YES, procedural
- Diamond geometry and studio lighting setup are not included
- The licensing conditions permit the per-seat usage only
- To give an idea of how gemstone materials will look in the final image of jewelry product, moderate contrast and saturation were applied to all preview and catalogue renders.