A Low-Poly Earth planet, Created in Cinema 4D.
It use an actual earth map (included) for an accurate look of the main lands, US, Europe, UK, Africa, Australia, Asia, Japan, Latin-America, etc. All of them are recognizable.
The model is using parametric objects and effectors, if you have little knowledge of effectors you can tweak the low-poly settings to fine-tune the look to match your exact project style.
Material included, and customizable, you can change the colors in Cinema 4D.
Effector used :
- Time effector : planet and cloud auto-rotation. Tweak it to easily change rotation speed
- Random effector : randomize polygon to achieve a low-poly style. Tweak it to easily change the planet look to more or less polygonal.
Other effects used :
- Fresnel shader : for nice gradients Edit it to change colors
- Displacement map: to extrude the map Edit it to change the level of details of the country extrusions
- Luminosity layer in material : for a toon look
And that’s it.
Let me know if you have any question, I hope it saves some time to other designers!