The South American continent, by country, with 3D relief, landscape texturing and animations!
Formats available: .max, .obj and .c4d.
- countries meshes in 3D
- sea-level mesh
- cameras + paths for 360º animated view (of each country)
- camera + path for continent walkthrough animation
- high-resolution map of the continent
Country’s level of detail depends on it’s size.
Maps used are courtesy of NASA Visible Earth, an extraordinary collection of high-resolution images of earth: http://visibleearth.nasa.gov/
The map projection used is the equirectangular projection. (for details see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_map_projections)
- geographical presentations of the continent and / or it’s countries
- advertisement (e.g.: travel agency websites)
- school lessons
- games that involve real-world terrain
- & probably many other creative ways…
“It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” (Ernest Hemingway)