Light Rig for Maya
About this file:
Here is a very easy to use light rig for maya. This rig was created in Maya 2011. This rig using maya lights and not radiosity, which makes it animation friendly. No more pesky flickering and long render times. Optimized working with mental ray, producing fast render times (of course based on your scene complexity) Ray trace shadows are already set I locked and hide most channels in the channel box so it wouldn’t be easy to break it. This rig consist of one key light with ray trace shadows and 4 fill lights with no shadows, fill lights are set to 1/2 intensity of a key light. Plus you can move, rotate and toggle visibility of light rig You can have multiple light rigs in one scene, just open your scene and drag and drop or import the light rig. Of course you can farther modify and adjust lights attributes through attribute editor.
List of custom attributes:
- Distance – Will adjust the distance from the origin (or the pivot of controller)
- Spread – Will adjust the spread of fill lights from the key light, fill lights will move on an arch of 180 degree with the starting point at a key light and with 180 degree merge point opposite of a key light.
- Intensity – Will adjust the strength or power of lights (All the lights in the light rig)
- Test Object – Will toggle visibility of a test object, when you will move light rig around the test object will move as well. (the test object only will move but won’t rotate or scale)
- Master Scale – Will scale the light rig (the test object will not scale)
How to use this rig:
Just drag and drop or import “light rig” file into your scene. Select “LIGHTS” controller adjust a few attributes and hit render. You can have multiple light rigs in one scene, just open your scene and drag and drop or import the light rig.
CLICK HERE to see a little video demonstraion which I put onto youtube
This is not a tutorial (It’s so easy to use that you wouldn’t need one)